National Center for Student Leadership
Optional Advisors Pre-Conference Program
Small Fish, Big Ocean: Engaging and Training Today’s Student Leaders
Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
On-Site registration fee $169
Presented by Nancy Hunter Denney
To develop student leaders capable of changing the world, advisors need not only the motivation, but the methods, mediums and magic.
In this special preconference session you’ll learn how to facilitate the growth and development of your students by giving them plenty of room to ‘swim’.
- The intentional ways of maximizing the success of a:
- Stand-alone workshop
- Weekend retreat
- Visual display
- Innovative training techniques and methodologies designed to:
- Inspire critical thinking
- Encourage participation
- Motivate students to become part of their learning process will be covered
The development of learning outcomes will be presented along with instruction on how to develop training outlines, curriculum, and original self-assessment tools.
You’ll leave with an understanding of how to ‘cast a large net’ to ensure a diversity of program offerings for all levels of leaders along with detailed handouts that support the program’s content.
- Understand the diversity of student learning styles
- Ability to quickly identify learning outcomes
- Learn how to be innovative in the presentation of leadership development opportunities
- Knowledge of leadership programs that offer a progression of skill development
- Understand how to present leadership development opportunities